2020 Seneca Monster Challenge
Date: TBD 2020 , likely August
- Location: Clute Park in Watkins Glen, NY to Lakefront Park in Geneva, NY
- Distance: 35 miles
- Registration: 6:00am - 6:30am, Clute Park, Watkins Glen, NY
- Start: Mandatory paddler's meeting 6:30AM, Start at 7:00AM
- Entry Fee: $20 per paddler. All paddlers must be registered and insured.
- Contact: Jeff -- j . l . hogue @ gmail.com
- Classes: Most standard NYMCRA classes. No 'pro' boats. (you know if you have one of these - they tend to have pointy wings in the midsection and are for serious racers).
- Course Type: Open water on a lake with 35 miles of fetch. Could be calm or nearly impossible.
Course Description: The whole lake, from Watkins Glen in the south to Geneva at the north end.
Bring a whistle and cell phone in a waterproof bag.
Clute Park in Watkins Glen
Kayak Launch (finish) in Geneva
This is very long, and very tough! We will have an observer at the 1/2 way point, Lodi State Park. We will also be available by phone, but please bring a support person of your own if you have one, in case you have to stop short on the western shore.
Halfway point - Lodi State Park - 16.3 Miles
Lodi State Park is on the water on the East side, 16.3 miles from the start.
Volunteers will attempt to spot you as you pass. You don't have to stop there or hug the east shore.