2019 Seneca Monster Challenge
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Invitation only regatta. An interest form will be published on this site.
We need a handful of experienced paddlers willing to try out this course for a future open event. We will be assessing the number and nature of safety support needed for 2020.
- Location: Watkins Glen, NY to Geneva, NY
- Distance: 40 miles
- Registration: Advanced registration only (right on this site soon)
- Start: Mandatory paddler's meeting 7:30AM, Start at 8:00AM
- Entry Fee: $50 per paddler. Paddler swaps allowed but not required at Lodi State Park and Sampson State Park. All paddlers must be registered and insured.
- Contact: Jeff -- j . l . hogue @ gmail.com
- Classes: Most standard NYMCRA classes .
- Course Type: Open water on a lake with 35 miles of fetch. Could be calm or nearly impossible.
Course Description: The whole lake, from Watkins Glen in the south to Geneva at the north end.
Life jackets must be worn.
Want to Help Us Assess The Challenge?
More information here soon.